It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare other rates will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Chevy Classic insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Maryland. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. This information will let you in on how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings But Maryland consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
Finding Chevy Classic insurance in Baltimore
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many insurance companies in Maryland. The recommended way to compare Chevy Classic insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Just remember that quoting more increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Maryland. To buy the best car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect your Chevy Classic and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Classic but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Classic insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy cost.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Baltimore, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Baltimore who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Baltimore insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Baltimore who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Lambert Insurance Inc
1826 Woodlawn Dr # 6 – Baltimore, MD 21207 – (410) 265-7850 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Craig
2829 O’Donnell St – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 522-6100 – View Map
- Joe Lawton – State Farm Insurance Agent
9008 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 665-0243 – View Map
- Raul Braun – State Farm Insurance Agent
8609 Old Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 663-3100 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. Cheap Chevy Classic insurance in Baltimore is possible online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
We just showed you a lot of information how to find cheaper Chevy Classic insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)