The best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from companies in Maryland. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and bad credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View companies
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on insurance. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find affordable auto insurance in Baltimore, Maryland
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in MD, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,686||$843||$141|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,478||$739||$123|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,478||$739||$123|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Maryland is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Baltimore car insurance quote.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to bad drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, good driver, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, good student, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, federal employee, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Baltimore.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.