It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in America could save an average of nearly 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
The easiest way to get more affordable Volvo C30 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Baltimore.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Save a ton with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current C30 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below compares Volvo C30 annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, homeowners, good student, air bags, defensive driver, and early bird.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- AAA has savings for good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, new move discount, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available everywhere. To find insurers with the best Volvo C30 insurance discounts in Maryland, click this link.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get pricing from their websites. The process is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system orders credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these and other factors. Getting online quotes for Volvo C30 insurance in Baltimore streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest payment.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. To buy cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The price information displayed next highlights different insurance policy prices for Volvo C30 models. Learning more about how insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific Baltimore garaging location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Volvo C30 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents can increase Volvo C30 auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Volvo C30 insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C30 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volvo C30?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Baltimore that can provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Baltimore will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Maryland?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
The difference between Baltimore auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a good Baltimore insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Baltimore may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both handle auto insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Baltimore that can give you rate quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below are independent agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
If you receive positive responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Baltimore can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)