How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Toyota Tundra insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Toyota and find the lowest possible price from Baltimore insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Baltimore at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. The goal of this article is to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process Shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to buy car insurance from many different companies.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota Tundra insurance in Baltimore?
Companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Baltimore auto insurance on the internet.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Tundra car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- USAA discounts include family discount, new vehicle, good student, safe driver, military installation, vehicle storage, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, air bags, early bird, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, DriveSense, defensive driver, good driver, and claim free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, early shopping, youthful driver, teen driver, mature driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, student away at school, good driver, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in your state. To choose companies that offer discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. To find cheaper auto insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Toyota Tundra insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Toyota Tundra models. Learning how rates are formulated can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$262||$508||$518||$30||$156||$1,474||$123|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$300||$618||$518||$30||$156||$1,622||$135|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$300||$618||$518||$30||$156||$1,622||$135|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$340||$618||$518||$30||$156||$1,662||$139|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$340||$618||$518||$30||$156||$1,662||$139|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$340||$618||$518||$30||$156||$1,662||$139|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$340||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,772||$148|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$340||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,772||$148|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$378||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,810||$151|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$378||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,810||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
How careless driving impacts car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Toyota Tundra car insurance rates for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tundra insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Tundra replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Baltimore Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of companies give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Lower insurance rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- File claims and pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect higher rates. Insurance companies in Maryland generally give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Loss probability for a Toyota Tundra – Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Tundra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Tundra Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD 88 105 96 63 75 94 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD 97 113 105 64 51 77 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD 95 131 90 85 84 107 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 86 112 93 53 55 79 Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD 93 115 69BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Baltimore insurance agency
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Baltimore.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent. Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Luray and Associates Inc
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
- Mason and Carter Inc
23 South St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (410) 539-6767 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Lawton – State Farm Insurance Agent
9008 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 665-0243 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Nathan Scholze – State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 288-4120 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Tundra insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota Tundra but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Maryland overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Maryland car insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Maryland. The information in the next section can help you pick which providers to look at shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
A conclusion for your insurance search
Low-cost Toyota Tundra insurance in Baltimore is attainable online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Toyota Tundra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Baltimore
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Toyota Tundra insurance in Baltimore is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Maryland. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)