The preferred way to find lower priced Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Maryland.
- First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Land Cruiser coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Maryland drivers could save up to $800 each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Baltimore is actually quite easy if you know where to start. In a nutshell, everyone who compares rates for auto insurance will probably be able to save money. Although Maryland drivers do need to know how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Baltimore is very simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their system will order reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable premium possible.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Land Cruiser in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Maryland and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota Land Cruiser with a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information below outlines different coverage prices for Toyota Land Cruiser models. Learning more about how insurance prices are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Toyota Land Cruiser yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Land Cruiser insurance discounts in Baltimore
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below compares Toyota Land Cruiser auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for EZ pay plan discount, new car, eSmart discount, premier discount, early signing, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Baltimore car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered in every state. For a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Can’t I compare prices from local Baltimore car insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore that provide free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Baltimore?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Baltimore can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agency: Abernathy Michael
7696 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 426-5500 – View Map
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Fisher
7839 Eastpoint Mall Ste 4 – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 285-8200 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Baltimore willing to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Bruce Cohee Agency Inc
502 Baltimore Ave – Towson, MD 21204 – (410) 823-8777 – View Map
- Lambert Insurance Inc
1826 Woodlawn Dr # 6 – Baltimore, MD 21207 – (410) 265-7850 – View Map
- Kirby Insurance Agency, Inc.
14 W Saratoga St #100 – Baltimore, MD 21201 – (410) 837-2320 – View Map
Maryland car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a good quality insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Baltimore. The ranking information in the next section may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Discount Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Baltimore can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can shop for Toyota Land Cruiser insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)