It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved about $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on Tesla Model S insurance in Baltimore is your intention, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover the details to help reduce prices and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Baltimore. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using these techniques. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore can be made easier if you know where to look. But Maryland vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Low Cost auto insurance in Baltimore, MD
The following companies provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheap Baltimore auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Onboard Data Collection – Baltimore drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current Model S insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, alternative fuel, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, mature driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple autos, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and new graduate.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Baltimore.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Tesla Model S Insurance
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. People who have serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
More performance means higher premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Higher deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Tesla. Examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Gals tend to take less risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Save money with high credit – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Tesla Model S if you clean up your credit.
Prices can be impacted by your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Urban residents pay more – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Maryland cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Tesla Model S claim statistics – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Tesla Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Does my Tesla Model S qualify for pleasure use?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Baltimore.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Baltimore that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Tesla Model S insurance in Baltimore.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
After you get positive feedback to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurer that will provide car insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can cancel your policy any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to a policy for a certain time period.
Maryland car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a high-quality company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Maryland. The ranking information listed below could help you select which car insurance providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How much can you save?
Lower-priced insurance in Baltimore can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Baltimore car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)