Would you prefer to buy low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Baltimore? Overpriced Subaru WRX insurance in Baltimore can consume your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Doing a rate comparison can save money and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance policyholders in Maryland renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save almost $850 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find lower-cost auto insurance rates. Popular companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to save money while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare company rates instantly.
Companies offering Subaru WRX insurance in Maryland
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Baltimore auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that have most of these discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Baltimore. To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
When should I contact an agent?
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Baltimore that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Baltimore?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agents in Baltimore that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Maryland?
Choosing the top insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Maryland. The company ratings in the next section could help you pick which auto insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
In the end, you can save money
Cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Baltimore can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
When searching for inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Baltimore
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Baltimore.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on WRX insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)