If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Baltimore. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more ideas to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper TrailBlazer coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved on average $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Baltimore is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
Companies offering cheap Chevy TrailBlazer rate quotes in Baltimore, MD
The following companies provide price comparisons in Maryland. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Baltimore auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Professional Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Baltimore auto insurance but check with your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on TrailBlazer insurance in Baltimore.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in Baltimore.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Inexpensive frequent insurance claims are not good – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Maryland generally give the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Where are claims handled?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
Persistence pays off
When you buy Baltimore auto insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)