Are you burned out from being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get price comparisons are very likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
How to find low-cost rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Maryland.
- First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Since you have so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to pick a more affordable car insurance provider.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rates on Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to get good coverage on Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore at a lower rate.
When looking for the cheapest Dodge Viper rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The best way to lower the rate you pay for Dodge Viper insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Dodge Viper insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The following companies offer free quotes in Maryland. To get cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
The data table shown below covers different insurance premium costs for Dodge Viper models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$1164||$426||$26||$128||$2,222||$185|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$478||$1164||$426||$26||$128||$2,222||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Viper insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheap Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Viper auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, annual mileage, multi-car, ease of repair, accident-free, and professional/association.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, and air bags.
- Allstate offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, good payer, economy car, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
Three reasons to insure your Viper
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Viper with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Baltimore should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Below are agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes for Dodge Viper insurance in Baltimore.