It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Chrysler Sebring insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives instructions to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Baltimore insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. When you receive it, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Baltimore is really not that difficult. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. But Maryland car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies sell insurance online.
The quickest method to compare rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Baltimore is to realize all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if the vehicle is leased, your job, your general credit rating, and the ages of drivers. That information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Chrysler Sebring now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Baltimore.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Maryland. To get cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage information displayed below showcases different coverage costs for Chrysler Sebring models. Learning how auto insurance premiums are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,490||$124|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,490||$124|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$394||$718||$406||$24||$122||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Chrysler Sebring liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below compares Chrysler Sebring premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Maryland minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler Sebring replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why you need insurance for your Chrysler Sebring
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chrysler gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Smart Buyers Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better insurance rates.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your policy correctly shows annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Sebring may be wasting your money.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler Sebring insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Mature drivers are lower risk – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chrysler Sebring insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chrysler Sebring is worth?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheap car insurance is out there
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Chrysler Sebring insurance auto insurance rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious Chrysler Sebring insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)