Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest Saturn VUE insurance in Baltimore? Finding cheaper insurance for your Saturn VUE in Maryland can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy. There is a better way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a Saturn and find the best price possible from Baltimore insurance agents and online providers.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
Older drivers pay less – Older insureds are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Cheap rates for being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Maryland generally give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your VUE may be wasting your money. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your VUE policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Prevent theft and save – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information shown below covers a range of rate quotes for Saturn VUE models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are figured is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$358||$434||$532||$32||$160||$1,516||$126|
|Vue XR 2WD||$358||$528||$532||$32||$160||$1,610||$134|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$404||$528||$532||$32||$160||$1,656||$138|
|Vue XR AWD||$404||$528||$532||$32||$160||$1,656||$138|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$404||$624||$532||$32||$160||$1,752||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Saturn VUE insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The chart below shows the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Saturn VUE insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Saturn with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Baltimore auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current VUE insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore car insurance quotes online.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Baltimore can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- E-sign – A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
The example below illustrates the difference between Saturn VUE yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family discounts include air bags, early bird, bundled insurance, good student, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, automatic seat belts, good student, student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Baltimore.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Baltimore who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Baltimore should know the answers to these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Baltimore that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Saturn VUE insurance in Baltimore.
- Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
- Anthony Walker Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
8641 Loch Raven Blvd #2d – Baltimore, MD 21239 – (410) 663-8888 – View Map
- Bob Duda – State Farm Insurance Agent
7939 Honeygo Blvd #105 – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 529-2523 – View Map
- Goad Insurance Agency
3229 Erdman Ave – Baltimore, MD 21213 – (410) 558-0396 – View Map
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for Saturn VUE insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Baltimore is available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Saturn VUE insurance in Baltimore
The recommended way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Maryland.
First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)