Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a Mazda and locate the lowest price either online or from Baltimore insurance agents.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Baltimore is to understand all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data including if your license is active, how old drivers are, the year, make and model of vehicles, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple auto insurance providers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Mazda MX-5 Miata now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Maryland. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Rates and other information
The information displayed below covers different insurance rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Having a good understanding how policy rates are determined can be useful when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$534||$390||$24||$116||$1,326||$111|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$300||$650||$390||$24||$116||$1,480||$123|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$300||$650||$390||$24||$116||$1,480||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change premium rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Mazda MX-5 Miata yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda MX-5 Miata replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Get discounts on Baltimore insurance
Some insurers don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- No Claim Discounts – Baltimore drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current MX-5 Miata insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will lower your overall premium however.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, early shopping, youthful driver, switch companies, distant student, and mature driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for air bags, safe driver, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and group or association.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for driver training, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-policy, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Baltimore. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Baltimore, follow this link.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda MX-5 Miata in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Baltimore car insurance companies
Selecting a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Maryland. The ranking information shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When to contact a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Baltimore.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Insurance agent types
When searching for a good Baltimore insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Baltimore are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Senate Select Insurance
5417 Reisterstown Rd – Baltimore, MD 21215 – (410) 358-0411 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
These type of agents can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Baltimore exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Aja Green – State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-9433 – View Map
- Paul Funk – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 Frederick Rd – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-0077 – View Map
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does their agency support local causes in Baltimore?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Once you have reasonable responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.