A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Baltimore insurance shoppers could cut their rates by almost 55% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Baltimore.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance quotes comparison
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Baltimore doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system gets your credit score and driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Maryland. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Baltimore, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper rates on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Baltimore with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Optima Plug-In Hybrid can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore auto insurance quotes online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Baltimore drivers who agree to allow companies to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Best car insurance company in Baltimore
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Baltimore. The rank data displayed below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What types of car insurance agents are in Baltimore?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are Baltimore independent insurance agents that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Concrete Insurance
6405 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 433-0313 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Maryland Auto Insurance (the new MAIF)
1215 E Fort Ave #300 – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (800) 492-7120 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
- Bob Duda – State Farm Insurance Agent
7939 Honeygo Blvd #105 – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 529-2523 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Vince Vanneman – State Farm Insurance Agent
1055 Taylor Ave Ste 112 – Baltimore, MD 21286 – (410) 321-0101 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many years have they been established?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Once you have good feedback and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.