Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore? Don’t sweat it because there are a lot of people in Baltimore just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Statistics show that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Maryland can save $800 each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around. Many insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute best price available on Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates yearly because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best quotes on Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore last year you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Baltimore is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Shoppers only need to know the most effective way to buy car insurance instantly.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
Accidents mean higher rates – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Having just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Drivers with responsible credit save – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Borrego if you clean up your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Liability coverage risk factors – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Baltimore, MD. To buy cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Borrego with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings might not apply in Baltimore. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Maryland, click here.
Insurance agents near you
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Baltimore that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Baltimore should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you’re trying to find a good Baltimore insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Baltimore are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to check rates from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
One last thing to lower rates
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Borrego insurance rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Borrego insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Baltimore
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Kia Borrego insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Baltimore. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
More information can be read below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Baltimore, Maryland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)