It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Baltimore can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Jeep Cherokee insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Baltimore is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers only need to know the proper methods to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Best companies for Jeep Cherokee insurance
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Maryland. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Baltimore attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Cherokee insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes in Baltimore, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Baltimore should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years have they been established?
If you are searching for a good Baltimore insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Baltimore are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare prices from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Baltimore independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Quote often and quote early
Affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Baltimore is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, so you need to shop Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)