Drivers who are new to the process of price shopping insurance coverage online are likely to find buying low cost Ford Fusion insurance is very challenging.
How to save on Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Maryland.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and your credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who rate shop once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore is your target objective, then learning about the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find better coverage on Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore at a better price.
To get inexpensive Baltimore car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to compare Ford Fusion insurance prices consists of shopping online.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does online Baltimore Fusion insurance quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Maryland. If you want cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Fusion detailed coverage information
The information below outlines a range of insurance rates for Ford Fusion models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are established can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$418||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$480||$478||$28||$142||$1,350||$113|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$418||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$418||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$480||$382||$22||$114||$1,244||$104|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$480||$382||$22||$114||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower rates noticeably.
When buying auto insurance, a common question is which deductibles should you choose. The premium rates below sum up the rate differences between low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$632||$406||$24||$122||$1,559||$130|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$394||$744||$406||$24||$122||$1,715||$143|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$394||$856||$508||$30||$152||$1,965||$164|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$394||$744||$406||$24||$122||$1,715||$143|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$394||$744||$406||$24||$122||$1,715||$143|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$440||$856||$406||$24||$122||$1,873||$156|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$440||$856||$406||$24||$122||$1,873||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$426||$406||$24||$122||$1,234||$103|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$578||$508||$30||$152||$1,556||$130|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$320||$578||$406||$24||$122||$1,450||$121|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$320||$578||$406||$24||$122||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $32 more each month or $384 each year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at least 13 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money by selecting a higher deductible.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Fusion insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need insurance for your Ford Fusion
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Ford Fusion and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
Bad drivers pay high prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims influence Ford Fusion premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Higher premiums for specific occupations – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
Car insurance rates and age – Teen drivers in Maryland are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Better prices for continuous car insurance coverage – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Maryland DMV.
- Extra coverages may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your Fusion policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below assumes a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Fusion policy rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Fusion – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, five-year accident-free, driver training, air bags, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, multi-policy, paid in full, safe driver, and teen driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, and online quote.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Baltimore. To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Baltimore, click this link.
Auto insurance can be complex
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Does my Ford Fusion qualify for pleasure use?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald White
733 W 40th St #311 – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 467-9600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Baltimore independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allied Insurance Agency
7840 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-1111 – View Map
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
Quote more and you will save more
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Ford Fusion insurance rates in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Baltimore is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
How to find lower priced Ford Fusion insurance in Baltimore
The recommended way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Baltimore is to annually compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)