Want to learn how to find lower-priced Audi S8 insurance in Baltimore? Paying cheaper coverage rates for Audi S8 insurance in Baltimore is always quite difficult for drivers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, it can turn into a difficult situation to locate the lowest coverage rates.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved $865 annually compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Baltimore is your target objective, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates every six months because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Audi S8 insurance in Baltimore a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about S8 insurance on the web, but you can learn some good information on how to find affordable auto insurance in Baltimore.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides Baltimore S8 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Maryland. To get cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi S8 insurance, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates with these ten discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Baltimore.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Baltimore who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a good Baltimore insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Baltimore agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
- Mason and Carter Inc
23 South St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (410) 539-6767 – View Map
- Goad Insurance Agency
3229 Erdman Ave – Baltimore, MD 21213 – (410) 558-0396 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Aja Green – State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-9433 – View Map
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shanda Hayden
7200 Eastern Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-7863 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Maryland?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Once you have received positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. Just understand that you can always cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into the insurance policy with no way out.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/15 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Maryland requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your S8 to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as surgery, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi S8.
Due to the fact that many Maryland drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/15), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Affordable Audi S8 insurance in Baltimore can be found online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to shop for Audi S8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi S8 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
How to save money on Audi S8 insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Baltimore.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper S8 coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)