The most effective way to get discount Honda CR-Z insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Maryland.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who do rate comparisons will probably buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on Honda CR-Z insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
When shopping for affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from lots of Maryland car insurance companies. The best way to find competitive Honda CR-Z insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The following companies provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheap Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Baltimore
Some insurance providers do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap CR-Z insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Baltimore can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new CR-Z can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, anti-theft, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Allstate has savings for EZ pay plan discount, good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, economy car, and good payer.
Double check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Baltimore. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Local Baltimore car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Baltimore.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Baltimore that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Baltimore that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Luray and Associates Inc
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 661-1440 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get rate quotes.
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
- Joe Lawton – State Farm Insurance Agent
9008 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 665-0243 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Baltimore?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Baltimore?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What if I total my Honda CR-Z and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda CR-Z in Baltimore, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your CR-Z definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision insurance covers damage to your CR-Z resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your CR-Z in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, hail damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/15 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, funeral expenses, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda CR-Z.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Ratings for Baltimore auto insurance companies
Choosing the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Baltimore. The company rank data displayed below can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
When getting Baltimore auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information is located at the links below
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much are Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)