It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Baltimore. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for information to help keep rates affordable and find hidden discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Maryland drivers could save an average of $750 each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Getting cheaper Chevy Avalanche auto insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find cheap car insurance in Baltimore, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Buying the right Avalanche insurance in Maryland is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Avalanche insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy Avalanche. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance statistics and figures
The price information displayed below highlights a range of prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Having a good understanding how rates are figured can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$322||$486||$522||$30||$156||$1,516||$126|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$322||$574||$522||$30||$156||$1,604||$134|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$322||$574||$522||$30||$156||$1,604||$134|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$322||$574||$522||$30||$156||$1,604||$134|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$358||$574||$522||$30||$156||$1,640||$137|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$358||$574||$522||$30||$156||$1,640||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chevy Avalanche insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can drive up Chevy Avalanche annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates by gender and age in Baltimore
The example below compares Chevy Avalanche yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Avalanche yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Avalanche replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Baltimore
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Baltimore auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Baltimore Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore auto insurance quotes online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help lower your overall bill.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Avalanche insurance prices with and without discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, alternative fuel, homeowner, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, multi-car, newly retired, good student, and exclusive group savings.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered on policies in Baltimore. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Maryland, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a local claims center in Baltimore?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
After you get acceptable answers to any questions you have and the cheapest Chevrolet Avalanche insurance in Baltimore quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Maryland?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Does my Chevy Avalanche need full coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Ratings for Baltimore auto insurance companies
Ending up with the right car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Baltimore. The ranking data in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
The cheapest Chevy Avalanche insurance in Baltimore can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, so get free Baltimore auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Maryland can be found on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)