Do you want to save money by finding more affordable insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Audi Allroad insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Audi and get the lowest price from Baltimore insurance agents and online providers.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Drivers in Maryland could save an average of approximately 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
It’s smart to compare premium rates quite often because prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Audi Allroad insurance in Baltimore a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, follow these tips to save money and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
Reducing your Audi Allroad insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore, MD, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Maryland
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Allroad in Baltimore, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi Allroad has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Maryland is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper rates on Audi Allroad insurance in Baltimore with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Allroad insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore car insurance quotes online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Baltimore drivers who agree to allow companies to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Baltimore and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, good student, and air bag.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, air bags, early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, early quote, good student, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, multi-car, youthful driver, distant student, teen driver, homeowner, and pay in full.
- USAA offers discounts including safe driver, vehicle storage, annual mileage, defensive driver, new vehicle, military installation, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, safety features, preferred payment discount, and new move discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Baltimore.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Audi Allroad?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.