Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Baltimore drivers could save about 55% a year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Honda Ridgeline insurance in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Maryland.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional tips to lower rates and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings If you already have coverage, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. But Maryland drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Data for Honda Ridgeline insurance
The coverage table shown below covers different insurance rates for Honda Ridgeline models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance premiums are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$244||$450||$440||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$276||$450||$440||$26||$132||$1,324||$110|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$276||$530||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$276||$530||$440||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can alter premiums significantly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Honda Ridgeline insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Ridgeline, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance preserves your Honda and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Baltimore is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Baltimore
Companies do not list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Ridgeline insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Ridgeline annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Baltimore. To find companies who offer free Honda Ridgeline insurance quotes in Maryland, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agent
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Baltimore.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Baltimore?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long has their agency been open in Baltimore?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Ridgeline from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Ridgeline to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Maryland drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Maryland limits are 30/60/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/15 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, loss of income and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Maryland requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for hospital visits, nursing services, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance in Baltimore is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about insurance is located by following these links:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)