Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest BMW M2 insurance in Baltimore? Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used BMW M2 in Maryland can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used BMW and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Baltimore insurance agents.
You should take the time to do price comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on BMW M2 insurance in Baltimore six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. You’ll find a ton of advice on M2 insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to quit paying high insurance rates in Baltimore.
Locating the best rates in Baltimore is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to use the quickest method to buy car insurance online.
Affordable Baltimore BMW M2 insurance
Getting a cheap price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to see which company has low cost Baltimore auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Maryland. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Baltimore auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable BMW M2 insurance rates in Baltimore.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current M2 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore auto insurance quotes online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on M2 insurance in Baltimore.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, Switch & Save, good driver, claim free, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, and safety device.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Baltimore who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Baltimore should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Best auto insurance agent in Baltimore
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Baltimore can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Baltimore exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Raul Braun – State Farm Insurance Agent
8609 Old Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 663-3100 – View Map
- Nathan Scholze – State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 288-4120 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (443) 863-7733 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Baltimore that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kirby Insurance Agency, Inc.
14 W Saratoga St #100 – Baltimore, MD 21201 – (410) 837-2320 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (443) 869-6424 – View Map
Car insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Why you need quality insurance for your BMW M2
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Maryland is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/15 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your BMW M2.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your M2 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your M2 to bring the cost down.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like dental work, funeral costs, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A little work can save a LOT of money
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agents. Cheap BMW M2 insurance in Baltimore is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce BMW M2 insurance car insurance rates online in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to saving on BMW M2 insurance in Baltimore
The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Maryland. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
More learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)