To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Baltimore. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Baltimore. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
How to get free Nissan 350Z insurance quotes online
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. Getting quotes for Nissan 350Z insurance in Baltimore is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into a form. Once entered, their quoting system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online price quotes for Nissan 350Z insurance in Baltimore makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for affordable car insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will get rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Maryland. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required in Maryland but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Maryland is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, bundle discounts, good student, switch companies, early shopping, multi-car, and pay in full.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new vehicle discount, new graduate, good student, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Nissan 350Z insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Baltimore, click here.
How to find a good Maryland auto insurance company
Ending up with the right car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Maryland. The company information in the next section can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century