Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest auto insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore consumers have options when looking for low-cost Hummer H2 SUT insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Hummer and get the best price possible from Baltimore insurance agents and online providers.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Our objective is to teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and some tricks to saving. Drivers just have to use the fastest way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Baltimore auto insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Baltimore and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, renters, and safety device.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Allstate discounts include resident student, anti-theft, farm vehicle, premier discount, and new car.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. To buy cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Hummer H2 SUT?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Baltimore.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Baltimore who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Baltimore can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (443) 869-6424 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (443) 863-7733 – View Map
- Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
- Joe Lawton – State Farm Insurance Agent
9008 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 665-0243 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Maryland?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Hummer H2 SUT.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/15 in Maryland), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for prosthetic devices, dental work, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/15 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, structural damage and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your H2 SUT caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your H2 SUT to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, hail damage, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Cheaper coverage is out there
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Hummer H2 SUT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Baltimore auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to buying affordable Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Baltimore
Really, the only way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Baltimore.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Immediately keep your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)