Do you want to save money by finding more affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Baltimore? Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of Baltimore residents who feel the same.
Shocking but true, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,490, Baltimore drivers could save an average of almost $750 each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Baltimore.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. This process is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system obtains credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Baltimore makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Maryland. To buy cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Baltimore Ram 2500 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, most lenders will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and data analysis
The premium information shown below highlights estimates of prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are formulated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$394||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,762||$147|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$394||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,874||$156|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$394||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,874||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$394||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,874||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$394||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,874||$156|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$394||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,874||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$440||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,920||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$440||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,920||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$440||$968||$458||$28||$138||$2,032||$169|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$440||$968||$458||$28||$138||$2,032||$169|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$440||$744||$458||$28||$138||$1,808||$151|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$484||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,964||$164|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$484||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,964||$164|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$484||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,964||$164|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$484||$856||$458||$28||$138||$1,964||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in your specific Baltimore location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
How careless driving impacts insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based insurance rates in Baltimore
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Baltimore
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Ram 2500 can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help lower your premiums.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, pay in full, teen driver, homeowner, good student, and bundle discounts.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, safe driver, good student, annual mileage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Baltimore.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Baltimore who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Baltimore will have answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you receive good responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What policy terms are available?
- What is the minimum liability in Maryland?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
More effort can pay off
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
Steps to saving on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Baltimore
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Maryland.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Ram 2500 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)