If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Lincoln Continental insurance in Baltimore is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Maryland.
Step 1: Try to learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Baltimore insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly 55% a year, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques presented in this article. This article’s goal is to help you learn how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Maryland consumers should learn how insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Lincoln Continental insurance in Maryland
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
What Affects Lincoln Continental Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine prices.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Continental may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- How’s your driving record? – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your address can influence rates – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Maryland areas have traffic congestion and more severe claims. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Expect high rates for teens – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- How credit rating affects insurance prices – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Lincoln Continental by improving your credit score.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To find auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Local neighborhood Baltimore car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
The different types of car insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Rich Garcia State Farm Insurance Agency
9526 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 248-3276 – View Map
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Baltimore independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Concrete Insurance
6405 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 433-0313 – View Map
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
Baltimore auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Baltimore. The ranking information shown next may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistence will pay off
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Lincoln Continental insurance prices in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lincoln Continental rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
More affordable car insurance in Baltimore is available both online and with local Baltimore insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Edge in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)