The recommended way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Maryland. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper S-Type coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for better prices will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved over $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on insurance in Baltimore is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Baltimore is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers just have to use the best way to get comparison rates online.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new S-Type can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, premier plus, passive restraint, resident student, senior citizen, auto/life discount, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, anti-theft, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, accident-free
Check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Maryland, click here.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Jaguar S-Type Insurance Price Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine premiums.
- Extra policy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rates impacted by your city – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Jaguar S-Type is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Responsible drivers pay better costs – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Local Baltimore car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Baltimore that provide free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Maryland?
Shown below are Baltimore insurers that may be willing to give price quote information for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Baltimore.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Baltimore, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your S-Type, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Jaguar but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Jaguar gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How to find a good Maryland auto insurance company
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Maryland. The company information displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Insurance savings summarized
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Jaguar S-Type insurance prices online in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Baltimore car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance in Baltimore can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be read below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)