To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Chrysler 200 insurance in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Maryland.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper 200 coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around at least once a year are inclined to move their business because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Best companies for Chrysler 200 insurance
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Baltimore, MD. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheap Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in Baltimore
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current 200 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, and military active duty.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including good student, payment discounts, driver training, save driver, and student away at school.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in Maryland, follow this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I buy only the required Maryland minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Baltimore?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
When finding a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Baltimore can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
Valerie Cherry – State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-6600 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and inexpensive Chrysler 200 insurance in Baltimore quotes, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy for any length of time.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper insurance in Baltimore can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Chrysler 200 insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices come from the smaller companies.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Baltimore, Maryland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)