Shockingly, most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Baltimore could pocket almost 55% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
The most effective way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Baltimore.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using this strategy. Our goal in writing this article introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings But Maryland vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Hyundai Veloster insurance in Baltimore
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Hyundai Veloster insurance quotes in Baltimore
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Veloster is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance rates in Baltimore.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Local Baltimore insurance agencies and auto insurance
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Baltimore.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are searching for a local Baltimore insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Baltimore that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (443) 869-6424 – View Map
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quote information.
- Rich Garcia State Farm Insurance Agency
9526 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 248-3276 – View Map
- John C Bugg III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 661-4949 – View Map
- Cyndi Kuhn – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 633-5000 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Baltimore?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How are they compensated?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce Hyundai Veloster insurance prices online in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Baltimore car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)