We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates annually will probably buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your objective, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Hyundai Accent insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Maryland. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to prevent high prices and earn a bigger discount.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Baltimore is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now or just want a better rate, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. You just have to understand the proper way to shop online from multiple companies.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
More people means more accidents – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Hyundai every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet states the right rating data, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Accent may be costing you.
High deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Hyundai. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Use credit responsibly and save – Having a good credit score factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Accent by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit.
Good drivers have lower prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. People who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims influence Hyundai Accent auto insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are responsible for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Performance affects premiums – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Hyundai Accent insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Accent – Insurers factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reducing your insurance rates is not rocket science. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you require the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Maryland. If you want cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of rate quotes for Hyundai Accent models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$224||$508||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$262||$618||$390||$24||$116||$1,410||$118|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,694||$141|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$300||$838||$390||$24||$116||$1,668||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can influence premiums substantially.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Hyundai Accent insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance in Maryland serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Baltimore overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Accent auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, good driver, defensive driver, air bags, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, bundle discounts, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
Double check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Baltimore.
Local insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Baltimore who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Baltimore?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Baltimore agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Baltimore independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Persistence will pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Hyundai Accent insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Hyundai Accent insurance in Baltimore can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)