Locating the cheapest insurance for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Maryland can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Ford and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Baltimore insurance agents.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Baltimore a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Paperwork-free – Many auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Baltimore can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Baltimore, click here.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Maryland. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a good Baltimore insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Baltimore are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Baltimore that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Allied Insurance Agency
7840 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-1111 – View Map
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Baltimore exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Paul Funk – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 Frederick Rd – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-0077 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Craig
2829 O’Donnell St – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 522-6100 – View Map
- Scott Garvey – State Farm Insurance Agent
211 Key Hwy – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (667) 309-3792 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Baltimore?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Is there a local claims center in Baltimore?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Be persistent and save
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered a lot of information how to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
The cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Baltimore can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Steps to saving money on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Baltimore
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Baltimore is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Maryland.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)