If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Baltimore is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Maryland.
First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved over $865 a year compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your objective, learning how to compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Baltimore can be easy if you know a few tricks. Shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to compare company rates instantly.
Compare Baltimore Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes online
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Maryland but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Five Hundred with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Five Hundred but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Baltimore
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow companies to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore car insurance depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Baltimore Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, multi-car, ease of repair, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, good student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for group or association, good student, anti-theft, mature driver, company car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, newly married, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and safety features.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle storage, good student, family discount, safe driver, and driver training.
Double check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurers with significant discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Baltimore insurance agents?
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Baltimore.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to companies in Baltimore who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Baltimore that are able to give comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a local claims center in Baltimore?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Persistence will pay off
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Ford Five Hundred insurance rates online in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy Baltimore car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)