The best way to find low-cost prices for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate goal, then learning about the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Choosing the best rates in Baltimore is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to quote multiple rates online.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Car insurance companies in Maryland generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your Crosstrek policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Big cities have higher premiums – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers tend to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage can lower prices – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Getting a low cost price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Subaru Crosstrek insurance rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the guidance of a local Baltimore agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find the best car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Baltimore, buying insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Subaru Crosstrek but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Baltimore is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Save with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Crosstrek insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Baltimore who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Baltimore should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want local Baltimore agents, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore that are able to give price quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Baltimore independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many ways to compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Baltimore can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, so you need to shop Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)