Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest Hyundai Entourage insurance in Baltimore? There isn’t anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare rates once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your objective, then understanding how to shop and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find cheaper rates for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Baltimore
The most effective way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies in Baltimore. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Drivers have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Quoting and comparing affordable protection in Baltimore is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nearly every person who needs cheaper car insurance will probably get better rates. Nevertheless, Maryland consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Maryland. By far the easiest way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to local insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want the best auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these seven discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in high school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, good student, accident-free, and easy pay.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, teen driver, homeowners, early bird, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Insurance agencies can help
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Baltimore who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Baltimore who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Upon getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Baltimore Entourage insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Hyundai Entourage and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Entourage are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Maryland is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/15 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Maryland requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Entourage.
Due to the fact that many Maryland drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/15 in Maryland), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Entourage to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Baltimore
The most effective way to quote cheaper Hyundai Entourage insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Entourage coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)