It’s astonishing, but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by 47% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Baltimore. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Pacifica Hybrid insurance. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A key point to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Locating the best rates in Baltimore is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Virtually every car owner who is looking for a better price on auto insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Maryland vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to determine prices.
Cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Maryland. If you want cheap car insurance in Baltimore, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance rates in Baltimore
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get reduced rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current Pacifica Hybrid insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Maryland, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Baltimore who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Baltimore should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Baltimore?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which family members are covered?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Baltimore are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
- David Rosario – State Farm Insurance Agent
3121 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 850-4949 – View Map
- Nathan Scholze – State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 288-4120 – View Map
- Raul Braun – State Farm Insurance Agent
8609 Old Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 663-3100 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 661-1440 – View Map
- Maryland Auto Insurance (the new MAIF)
1215 E Fort Ave #300 – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (800) 492-7120 – View Map
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance premium rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Baltimore can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)