It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Scion iQ insurance in Baltimore is the reason for your visit, knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance can save money and time.
Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Baltimore.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to prevent rate hikes and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper iQ coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Affordable companies for Scion iQ insurance in Maryland
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Maryland. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Scion can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new iQ can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Multi-car Discount – Having several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on iQ insurance in Baltimore.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, good student, accident-free, family plan, and easy pay.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, membership and employees, military active duty, five-year accident-free, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, theft prevention, early bird, student driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and homeowners.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in Baltimore. For a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Maryland, follow this link.
Lower Your Baltimore Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Get better rates if married – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your iQ policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Scion iQ earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Scion iQ insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Scion iQ vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Scion iQ Models Specific Scion Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion iQ 77 81 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Scion iQ?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Baltimore.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Baltimore that can provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a good Baltimore insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Baltimore independent agencies who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Baltimore that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Baltimore?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Baltimore. The company information listed below may help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More quotes mean more insurance savings
A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. The cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Baltimore is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)