It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Kia Niro insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Baltimore.
Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to get lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Kia Niro insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate target, knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to teach you how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. But Maryland vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
How to compare free Baltimore Kia Niro insurance rate quotes
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Maryland. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Kia Niro rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Maryland. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Baltimore, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Kia Niro insurance in Baltimore
Companies don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Baltimore without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Baltimore car insurance depending on your company.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Niro insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Compare rates but buy from a local Baltimore insurance agent
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Baltimore who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Best car insurance agent in Baltimore
When finding a good Baltimore insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Rich Garcia State Farm Insurance Agency
9526 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 248-3276 – View Map
- Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
- Kennedy Ins Agency – Progressive Insurance
410 Ingleside Ave – Baltimore, MD 21214 – (410) 719-6006 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get rate quotes.
- Senate Select Insurance
5417 Reisterstown Rd – Baltimore, MD 21215 – (410) 358-0411 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Concrete Insurance
6405 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 433-0313 – View Map
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Niro?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Lower Your Baltimore Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Higher physical damage deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest rates are for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Safer cars save money – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Niro is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Niro, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Kia Niro but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Niro insurance rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Baltimore car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, denial of a claim, poor customer service or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Kia Niro insurance in Baltimore can be bought on the web in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Maryland can be read at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)