If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Dodge Magnum insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Baltimore.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Baltimore could save 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and still have adequate protection. This information will let you in on how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Finding more affordable car insurance prices is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to discover which company has cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If you want cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Dodge Magnum insurance in Baltimore
Some providers do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Baltimore, click this link.
How Your Magnum Insurance Costs are Determined
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Extra policy coverages can cost a lot – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Good credit scores equal low prices – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Magnum by improving your rating.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Marriage discount – Having a significant other can actually save you money compared to being single. It may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Baltimore that can provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Baltimore?
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they operate. Baltimore agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Kennedy Ins Agency – Progressive Insurance
410 Ingleside Ave – Baltimore, MD 21214 – (410) 719-6006 – View Map
- Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agency: Abernathy Michael
7696 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 426-5500 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in Baltimore that are able to give price quotes.
- Kirby Insurance Agency, Inc.
14 W Saratoga St #100 – Baltimore, MD 21201 – (410) 837-2320 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Maryland. The company information in the next section could help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last thing about your coverage
When you buy Baltimore auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Dodge Magnum insurance premium rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information is located below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)