It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on Chevy Camaro insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Camaro insurance in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Maryland.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get affordable coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Camaro coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Cheap Baltimore insurance quotes with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive better insurance rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Camaro insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- American Family discounts include good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Travelers may offer discounts for home ownership, continuous insurance, driver training, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and air bag.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Chevy Camaro insurance in Baltimore is to understand most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as your credit rating estimate, how you use your vehicles, deductibles desired, and your job. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Chevy Camaro insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find the best car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chevy Camaro insurance rate analysis
The data table below highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Chevy Camaro models. Being able to understand how prices are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
You may need help from an agent
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Baltimore.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Baltimore auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Baltimore independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free rate quotes.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Baltimore?
Maryland auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Maryland. The company rank data shown below may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
How much can you save?
There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. Discount Chevy Camaro insurance is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find cheaper Chevy Camaro insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)