Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore? Frustrated by the sheer number of car insurance providers available to you? Drivers have such a large number of options that it can really be a ton of work to find a more affordable company. If you live there, you know that Baltimore is an excellent city in which to live, but getting gouged by high car insurance rates can make it very difficult to buy full coverage.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Baltimore.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in America could pocket approximately $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because car insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to buy cheaper Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. The intent of this article is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. But Maryland consumers do need to understand how insurance companies compete online.
Companies offering Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Maryland. To get cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
What Impacts Audi TTS Insurance Costs?
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- High policy claims frequency drives up premiums – Companies in Maryland generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your TTS may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Job can influence rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as real estate brokers, social workers, and medical professionals generally have higher average rates due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Insurance loss data for Audi TTS vehicles – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Audi TTS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi TTS Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get affordable Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current TTS insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your car insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, early bird, air bags, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, air bags, teen driver, homeowners, driver training, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, good student, alternative fuel, business and professional, distant student, and early shopping.
- Allstate discounts include good payer, teenSMART discount, resident student, defensive driver, passive restraint, premier discount, and economy car.
If you need cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Baltimore, click here to view.
Local Baltimore insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Baltimore.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a local Baltimore insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Baltimore are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always get some free quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Baltimore that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Luray and Associates Inc
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Aja Green – State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-9433 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald White
733 W 40th St #311 – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 467-9600 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Baltimore?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Ratings for Baltimore car insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Baltimore. The company information in the lists below may help you decide which providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Maryland?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More affordable auto insurance in Baltimore can be bought on the web and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Audi TTS insurance rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
How to buy lower priced Audi TTS insurance in Baltimore
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Audi TTS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Baltimore.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)