Are you regretting the purchase of an expensive car insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Baltimore just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Unbelievably, over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could cut their rates by about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to get the best deal for Buick Verano insurance in Baltimore.
You should take the time to do price comparisons as often as possible because car insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Buick Verano insurance in Baltimore on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of Verano insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to lower your car insurance bill.
Affordable car insurance in Baltimore, MD
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Maryland. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get discounts to get affordable Baltimore car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Verano insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Verano insurance premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To view car insurance companies who offer free Buick Verano insurance quotes in Baltimore, click here to view.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- You might want pay the minor insurance claims yourself – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Maryland give the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Where you call home plays a part – Having an address in a small town is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Do men or women drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Buick every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Verano may be wasting your money. Double check that your vehicle rating states annual mileage.
Buick Verano claim data – Companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Buick Verano Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Buick Verano to commute?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I buy only the required Maryland minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Baltimore insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Baltimore, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Baltimore?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Baltimore are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agents in Baltimore that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
Ratings for Baltimore auto insurance companies
Choosing a good quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Maryland. The information displayed below may help you select which insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheaper Buick Verano insurance in Baltimore is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to find discount Buick Verano insurance in Baltimore
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Baltimore.
- First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Verano coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)