It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Maryland. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important note is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Baltimore is your goal, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give Baltimore Alpina B7 insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies provide free quotes in Maryland. To buy cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Baltimore Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, home ownership, student away at school, continuous insurance, new car, and early quote.
- 21st Century offers discounts for automatic seat belts, good student, early bird, teen driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
How to find a good Baltimore auto insurance company
Selecting the top auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Maryland. The information in the next section could help you choose which insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
Being married can lower costs – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Driver age impacts rates – Youthful drivers in Maryland tend to be easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto your insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of insurance companies provide discounts for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare BMW Alpina B7 rates in Baltimore to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Vocation can influence prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as actors, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.