Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Chevy Suburban insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Baltimore.
- First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Baltimore is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers only need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. To get cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Chevy Suburban insurance rate analysis
The information below covers a range of coverage prices for Chevy Suburban models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$250||$392||$532||$32||$160||$1,366||$114|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$278||$392||$532||$32||$160||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Baltimore location which can impact prices noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accident claims increase Chevy Suburban insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Suburban insurance costs by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy Suburban car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy Suburban yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Maryland minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Suburban settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Baltimore, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suburban, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Four factors that impact insurance prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Never let your car insurance expire – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married helps lower the price compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance premiums – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Chevrolet Suburban policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Suburban – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Suburban vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap car insurance is out there
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, policy cancellation and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
The cheapest Chevy Suburban insurance in Baltimore can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Suburban insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Baltimore car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with the least-expected company.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)