It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Chevy Spark insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Baltimore. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who rate shop once a year will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved on average $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
This article’s intent is to teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. You just need to use the least time-consuming way to compare prices on the web.
Most companies give prices for coverage online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Spark insurance in Baltimore is fairly simple as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these and other factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Baltimore makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the best rate possible.
To quickly compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Maryland. In order to find the best car insurance in Baltimore, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Spark in Baltimore, auto insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Spark, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Earn discounts on Baltimore auto insurance
Some insurers don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, switch companies, good student, and early shopping.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, good student, and air bags.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, good student, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you want affordable Baltimore car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of companies who offer online Chevy Spark insurance quotes in Maryland, follow this link.