Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of Maryland drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. U.S. drivers could save nearly $859 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Chevy City Express insurance in Baltimore is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper City Express coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes. But Maryland car owners do need to know the way companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics for a Chevy City Express
The data table displayed next highlights estimates of coverage costs for Chevy City Express models. Being aware of how policy premiums are determined helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$216||$344||$414||$24||$124||$1,122||$94|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$216||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,196||$100|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$248||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$248||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,302||$109|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$248||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,302||$109|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$248||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,302||$109|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$248||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,302||$109|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Baltimore car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- College Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Baltimore and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, business and professional, distant student, multi-car, pay in full, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, driver training, good student, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include safe vehicle, air bags, group or association, safe driver, company car, multi-policy, and paperless.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, and youthful driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including loyalty savings, driver training, family discount, new vehicle, and safe driver.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Insurance in Maryland serves several purposes
Even though Baltimore City Express insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your City Express with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best car insurance company in Maryland?
Selecting a good quality company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Maryland. The ranking information listed below could help you select which companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy City Express to commute?
- Should I rate my Chevy City Express as pleasure use or commute?
- What policy terms are available?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Maryland?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What if I want to buy from local Baltimore insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Baltimore.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Baltimore who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of Baltimore auto insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Baltimore agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you contact independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore who may provide free insurance quotes.
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
- Kirby Insurance Agency, Inc.
14 W Saratoga St #100 – Baltimore, MD 21201 – (410) 837-2320 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Cyndi Kuhn – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 633-5000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Craig
2829 O’Donnell St – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 522-6100 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?