Do you need a fast way to compare low-cost Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore? Comparing and finding cheap rates for Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore may be quite difficult for drivers new to online rate comparisons. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find cheaper prices in Maryland.
How to find affordable Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Baltimore.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who do rate comparisons are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Baltimore is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore utilizes the fact almost all companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like the ages of drivers, how your vehicles are used, marital status, and the year, make and model of vehicles. The rating information gets transmitted to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Saturn Outlook now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Baltimore, MD. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Baltimore, MD, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance data for a Saturn Outlook
The coverage information below showcases estimates of prices for Saturn Outlook models. Knowing how premiums are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$276||$482||$528||$32||$158||$1,476||$123|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$276||$482||$528||$32||$158||$1,476||$123|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XE AWD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$308||$568||$528||$32||$158||$1,594||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Baltimore garaging location which can change prices considerably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Saturn Outlook insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Saturn Outlook insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Saturn Outlook insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Saturn Outlook liability-only versus full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saturn Outlook auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Maryland minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Saturn Outlook replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Maryland
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Baltimore, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Saturn Outlook, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Outlook definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Maryland overpays more than $810 a year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Components of Your Saturn Outlook Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Saturn. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most larger companies give discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Saturn Outlook rates in Baltimore to ensure the best deal.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Insurance claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in Maryland award the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Save money with high credit – Credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Saturn Outlook by repairing your credit. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Check for these discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Saturn Outlook insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, air bags, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, multi-policy, student away at school, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Comparing rates from local Baltimore car insurance agents
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Baltimore.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Baltimore that provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Baltimore that may be able to provide rate quotes for Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore.
- Rich Garcia State Farm Insurance Agency
9526 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 248-3276 – View Map
- Kirby Insurance Agency, Inc.
14 W Saratoga St #100 – Baltimore, MD 21201 – (410) 837-2320 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agency: Abernathy Michael
7696 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 426-5500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Craig
2829 O’Donnell St – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 522-6100 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Baltimore?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Maryland?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How often do they review coverages?
A conclusion for your insurance search
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Saturn Outlook insurance rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to saving on Saturn Outlook insurance in Baltimore
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
More learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)