The best way we recommend to find cheaper Nissan Quest insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Baltimore.
First, spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,494, Maryland drivers could save $800 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Obtaining price quotes for more affordable protection in Baltimore is not as confusing as people think. But Maryland drivers should learn how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Quest insurance in Baltimore
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Quest insurance in Baltimore.
- Baltimore Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, good student, defensive driving, multi-policy, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, homeowners, student driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, distant student, and multi-car.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for resident student, early signing, passive restraint, good payer, 55 and retired, and good student.
If you want affordable Nissan Quest insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Baltimore.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Maryland. To find cheap car insurance in Baltimore, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Buy Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
Teen vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in Maryland have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Do you work long hours in a demanding employer? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
Being married reduces risk – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Prices may be higher where you live – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents.
Auto insurance lapses raise rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Premiums are affected by your credit score – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Quest if you clean up your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Maryland give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
Nissan Quest claim statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my Nissan Quest need full coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
Comparing prices from local Baltimore insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Baltimore that provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Baltimore agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below are Baltimore independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (443) 869-6424 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
- Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Quest in Baltimore, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Nissan but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Maryland overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More effort can pay off
We just covered many ways to get a better price on Nissan Quest insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Baltimore auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about insurance in Maryland is located at the links below
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)