How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Baltimore? Confused by the crazy number of car insurance companies in your area? Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you. Baltimore is a great place to live, but budgeting for expensive car insurance makes it very hard to be able to afford adequate car insurance coverage limits.
How to find the cheapest rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Baltimore
The best way we recommend to find low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Montego insurance. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Statistics show that over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Maryland drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons every six months since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Baltimore a few years ago a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the best rates in Baltimore is not rocket science. Virtually every car owner who is shopping for car insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. But Maryland drivers must know how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest companies for Mercury Montego insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Maryland. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Baltimore, MD, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your prices.
Deter car thieves – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Rates and vocation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like lawyers, business owners, and dentists usually pay higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as actors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Insurance lapses lead to higher premiums – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
How do annual miles impact costs? – The more you drive your Mercury in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your declarations sheet states the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Montego may be costing you higher rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Baltimore drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Baltimore, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Baltimore car insurance agent
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Baltimore that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Baltimore agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Fisher
7839 Eastpoint Mall Ste 4 – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 285-8200 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald White
733 W 40th St #311 – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 467-9600 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Baltimore independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Lambert Insurance Inc
1826 Woodlawn Dr # 6 – Baltimore, MD 21207 – (410) 265-7850 – View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
After receiving positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy when you choose so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with your new company indefinitely.
Maryland car insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Baltimore. The company information shown below could help you decide which providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Mercury Montego?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Mercury Montego insurance car insurance rates online in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Baltimore auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to quote cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Baltimore. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Montego insurance in Baltimore. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)