Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $850 each year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Volvo V40 insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to shop for coverages can make the process more efficient.
The easiest way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Baltimore. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more information to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Pricing the lowest cost coverage in Baltimore is not as confusing as people think. Shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to compare rates online.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Volvo V40 insurance in Baltimore utilizes the fact car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like if a SR-22 is required, how you use your vehicles, the ages of drivers, and if you have an active license. That information gets transmitted to many different companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in MD, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take advantage of these discounts on Volvo V40 insurance in Baltimore
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Baltimore car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the insurance companies that have some of the above discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Maryland, follow this link.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Companies want multiple policies – Lots of companies provide lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Baltimore V40 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the right rating data, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your V40 can result in significantly higher rates.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Youthful drivers in Maryland tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a first-time driver onto your auto insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Keep premiums low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Maryland provide lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Continuous coverage lowers premiums – Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Baltimore.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local Baltimore insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Baltimore agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who may provide rate quotes.
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 661-1440 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
These agents can only write with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
- Nathan Scholze – State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 288-4120 – View Map
- Cyndi Kuhn – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 633-5000 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Which car insurance company is best in Baltimore?
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Baltimore. The company rank data in the lists below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Baltimore can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)