It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
First, learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on Subaru Baja insurance is your target objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparing rates for the best-priced protection in Baltimore is not as confusing as people think. But Maryland vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Maryland. In order to find cheap car insurance in MD, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Three reasons to insure your Subaru Baja
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Baja in Baltimore, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Subaru and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on Baltimore car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Baja insurance.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, good student, anti-theft, air bags, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, air bags, 55 and older, theft prevention, teen driver, and homeowners.
- Allstate offers discounts including passive restraint, senior citizen, 55 and retired, good student, FullPay discount, economy car, and early signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in your area. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Maryland, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Best car insurance company in Baltimore
Choosing a high-quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Baltimore. The ranking data shown next may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies